Cleaning and proper use of the cuvettes for the Spec 20
The cuvettes for use in the Spec 20 resemble small test tubes. Each cuvette
is markded so that it can be positioned properly in the sample holder. The
mark is at the top of the cuvette and must be positioned toward teh front
of the spectrophotometer when taking measurements. Handle these tubes with
extreme care to keep both the inside and outside surfaces clean and free
Cleaning the Cuvette:
- NEVER use a brush to clean the inside of the cuvette.
- Rinse the tube with distilled water a few times
- Add about 1 mL of the solution to be measured. Tilt and turn the cuvette
so that the solution has contact with all the surfaces. Discard this solution
and repeat this rinse once more.
- Fill the cuvette about 3/4 full of the solution you wish to test.
- Wipe the outside of the cuvette with a lint-free, soft tissue (a Shurwipe
or and Accuwipe) to remove any moisture or fingerprints from the outside