Liquid Chromatography (Virginia Tech)
- Brief description of HPLC history, principles and instrumentation.
- GENERAL THEORY
- Comprehensive presentation of basic HPLC theory, kinetics (band broadening),
and thermodynamics of adsorption from solutions.
- Basic description of the HPLC adsorbents structure, surface chemistry, bonded
phases, and major parameters of packing materials.
- REVERSED-PHASE HPLC
- Comprehensive description of the most popular HPLC mode. Retention mechanism
and influence of the bonded phase type and density, mobile phase composition
and other parameters are described.
- Full description of the major components of HPLC system. All ypes of pumps,
injectors, connectors, etc., including schematics and explanation of basic
principles and maintenance are presented.
- RI, UV, Diode Array, Fluorescence, LC/MS, ELS and other HPLC detectors are
comprehensively described. Selected applications explaining benefits of
each detector are shown.
- HPLC GLOSSARY
- More than hundred basic HPLC terms with brief explanation are shown. Highly
interlinked with the main text.